Patron Conduct Policy
To allow all patrons of the Pearl River Public Library (PRPL) to use its facilities to the fullest extent while open, the Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following Patron Conduct Policy;
- Be engaged in activities associated with the use of a public library;
- Respect the rights, comfort, safety, and property of other patrons and staff;
- Silence all electronic devices;
- Comply with all federal, state, local and education laws;
- Observe PRPL signage, intended usage for all designated areas (Quiet, Children’s, Teens')
- Comply with requests from PRPL staff and not interfere with PRPL operations.
Any patron not abiding by these rules and regulations may be required to leave the Library premises and may be denied privileges and access to the Library.
Any patron whose privileges have been denied may appeal to have the decision reviewed by the Board of Trustees in accordance with separate procedures established by library policy.
See related policies:
Computer Use Policy
Patron Removal and Banning Policy
Unattended Child Policy
(1/23/1996; revised 4/26/2010, 7/25/2016)
Revised and approved by the Board of Trustees, October 28, 2019